Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
De Boelelaan 1105
1081 HV Amsterdam
Conference Room: Agora 1
Third floor of the Main Building.
Please follow the signs in the VU and the following description:
- Enter the VU through the Main Entrance
- Go to the left and take
- The yellow elevator at the far end of the hall to the third floor; OR
- The stairs to the third floor.
- Walk straight ahead to the end of the hallway
Route description to Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
VU Amsterdam is located close to the railroad station Amsterdam Zuid – WTC. From the city center you can reach VU with tram line 5, 16 and 24 or metro line 51.
Travelers arriving at Schiphol can take the train to Station Amsterdam Zuid. There are direct intercity trains from Schiphol that go straight to this station. The journey takes approximately 15 minutes. You can buy a ticket:
- At the yellow self-service ticket machines. Payment can be done by debit card (Maestro) or coins. Unfortunately, not all ticket machines accept credit cards.
- At a service desk at a larger railway station. There is a €0.50 charge for using this service.
- Information on (bus/train) schedules can be found on the NS website or at www.9292ov.nl/en.
From Station Amsterdam Zuid
It is a ten-minute walk to the VU, and there are signs to the VU on the Southern exit of the station. However, if you want to take public transport, it is one stop on either:
- metro 51 (1 minute), direction Amstelveen Westwijk
- tram 5 (1 minute), direction Amstelveen Binnenhof
From Station Amsterdam Centraal:
- metro 51 to De Boelelaan/VU. Enter in the subway station under the main train station
- tram 5 to De Boelelaan/VU. Enter on the West side of the station square.
- tram 16 or 24 to De Boelelaan/VU. Enter on the East side of the station square.
Travelling by car
The A-10 Amsterdam ring road can be reached from all directions. Follow the A-10 to the Zuid/Amstelveen exit S 108. Turn left at the end of the slip road onto Amstelveenseweg: after about three hundred yards (at the VU University hospital building) turn left again onto De Boelelaan. VU University Amsterdam can be reached via city routes S 108 and S 109